Saturday, April 11, 2009

Too much time spent!

This card took me way too long. I started to color the lattebella stamp last night. In my efforts to save money I bought a set of 48 BIC Markit pens. I had noticed other people mentioned using them. Since I knew to stamping I really didn't know what to expect. I really got a good price on the set but there is only one tip to the pen and I couldn't use the colors I wanted of the BIC pens.

I also have the pastel set of 12 by le plume II. Now, they have 2 tips. One end is very fine and the other end is like a brush. I like them much better but the colors I have are limited. GOOGLE time! I found le plume II also has sets of 12 in the primary colors and Victorian colors. I found them at JoAnne's for $19.99. Using the online coupons I bought one set for 40% ($8.00) less and the second set with free shipping.

Sure, I got a good deal, but I had vowed NO MORE SHOPPING!

Since I decided to go ahead with this card I wish I had at least changed the printed paper. The idea of stamping was to use up the scraps I have accumulated from scrapbooking. I've never been able to visualize the finished product even when I was sewing. I don't think this paper was a very good choice. I case'd the card layout from someone on SCS. There are so many talented women (men) but I need help. Guess that's why I'm blogging here and not on SCS. I just spy when I visit. Shame on me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I like this - My dad used to say the same thing to me all the time - how right he was!!