Sunday, June 21, 2009

Remiss. . . a drift!

It's been a while since I've posted anything. I have been spending a lot of time "blurfing" my favorite blogs, inspired by all their beautiful work. Actually, intimidated is more like it. I don't ever hope to be nearly as creative, but I already accepted that with my scrapbooking. We all have our own styles. So why am I at a standstill?

I keep finding all these things I want or feel I need to have to help me be more creative. I really can't wait for my Nestabilities to arrive next week. Today I did stamp out several images so that I would have a selection to play with. Just using a stamp is still a bit of a new process for me. Seems I mess up ever fifth stamp! I love the Miss Anya images, but until I stamped them, I didn't realize how detailed they were. Oh boy! They will definitely be a challenge for me to color.

I had hoped to emboss a couple of images but that didn't happen. Finally have some new chalk and the Chalk Enhancer as demonstrated on Stamp TV which I want to try. My Prisma pencils are all sharpened but haven't been used either. Hmmmm! Gamosol or Baby Oil? Maybe I'm wanting to try too much all at once. I'm a perfectionist who can't stand failure. Too anal for my own good! My own worst enemy! Gee . . . familiar phrases I've heard all my life!

Hope your weekend has been better . . . {{{hugs}}}

6 comments:

Ali Dantre said...

Hi Judy babe, aww just reading that seems you are being so hard on yourself. Dont be sweetheart!
we are all the same regardless of how much stuff we have or however long we have been crafting. From what i can see your cards are super and you have an eye for colours poppet. Come on now hunni, just relax and enjoy what you're doing. dont hide away. I show my good and not so good makes its how we learn. Im with you...I ADORE STAMPING you go for it girl

Big Hugs
Lisa.xxx

Donna said...

Oh, Dear! Just take a deep breath and relax! I was just like you when I first started, and in many ways, I still am. I think you are suffering from a good old-fashioned case of enthusiasm, and as far as I know, there's nothing really wrong with that! Also, don't be down on yourself for being a perfectionist...there's also nothing wrong with wanting to do a really nice job of something.

Oh, about the Prismas...try all different things. There is no right or wrong way to use them, and you can do some pretty amazing stuff with them without any solvent at all. Try them on dark paper!

Sorry, I didn't really mean to write a novel here, lol!

Crafty Bee said...

Hi Judy, I have popped over to see you from my friend Lisa,s blog (Allissa's Designs Cabin). If it helps you feel a little more confident, I too am new to stamping, in fact only about one month, and I too am trying to learn the techniques, but I have come to realise you have to walk before you can run. Dont be down on yourself sweetie, we all have to start from somewhere, and together we will both improve. You are not alone Judy, honestly. Keep smiling and I will pop back to see you regularly, we will master this skill, both of us. I have become one of your followers.
Have a great day, Sandra x

Ali Dantre said...

JUDY JUDY ??? have you ran off with my SANTA CLAUS??? lol

come on hun where are you?

hugs
Lisa.xx

thanks for all your lovely comments ;O)

Ali Dantre said...

Oh Judy babe... re Crystals old banner.........you're soooo funny...did I lol for ages on that one you silly sausage.

Hugs
Lisa.xxx

Maria said...

Oh Judy. . .I think we all go through the same feelings! I go through a slump from time to time. I have a tendency to experiment a lot and sometimes, it don't turn out how I expect it to turn out but I just enjoy the process. I think that is more important than the results. . .if you enjoy making a card, it'll reflect on your cards. Keep at it and you'll eventually get to a point that it won't matter as much. . .you'll develop your own style that you'll be happy with!!

Coloring takes practice and it don't have to be perfect! Handmade cards suppose to have little imperfections. . .most times, people don't notice them! LOL!

Maria