Saturday, June 6, 2009

Big Hugs!

Finally got these cards done last night for my twin grandchildren. Both of these images are from Pink Petticoat's "Big Hugs" collection. I love all of her images. Liz uses chalk to color her images for a soft color and adds glitter for sparkle.

It's a little messy, but you can't see that. I'll get it down or die trying! Lucked out on the button. Discovered I don't have very many white buttons in my collection. This one has glitter on it. Go figure!

The only place for glitter on this guy is his collar. Trust me, it's there. Used my new Martha Stewart border punch. Love it! Discovered she's partnered with EK Success for her line of scrapbooking supplies. She now has an entire aisle at Micheal's (they have been on sale for 25% for the past 2 weeks).

Now I need to get to the post office for stamps. Bought a couple up at the office for the last cards I recently mailed, but I have a box to send back to Joann's, so I have to go regardless.

Survived the storm on Thursday. They interrupted scheduled programming about 3:45 pm to worn of severe thunder and lighting approaching. When I didn't see any dark clouds I wondered what the big deal was. Sure found out in a hurry! What they failed to mention was the possibility of a TORNADO. What the H---! In Oregon? I was calling for Auntie Em when the winds started. We didn't reach winds that high, but it was a fast moving store. Sure made a BIG mess deadheading plants and trees.

Planning (hoping and a wishing) to spend some time scrapbooking today. Goal: 1 layout, 1 card.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Judy aren't these images just the CUTEST!! Love your colors and both layouts are wonderful!!! Have a great weekend!!

Maria said...

Awww, your cards are so adorable. The images are so darn cute!! Great choice of DPs too! Such pretty patterns!!

I'm glad to hear you survived the thunderstorm. I think we had the same thunderstorm here in California! We had lightning touching down and all. It was spectacular. 2 people here in CA were struck by the lightning and died. So sad!!

Maria

Wanda said...

Awww, such adorable cards!

Donna said...

Love your cards! I was at an Heirloom stamp show last weekend and everyone was using glitter. Guess I'll need to break mine out!

We get seriously freaked when there are tornado warning here in Connecticut. I was in Kansas last year and there was a warning just about every night, and nobody seemed too concerned. That was freaking me out even more. Glad you made it through OK!

Michele Kovack said...

What cute cards these are!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What cute cards!! Love those adorable bunnies!!! TFS!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awwwww, I love these!!! Your images are darling hun!!!!!! Hope your aunt made it ok through the tornado!! Yikes Im sure that would not be any fun. I know I dont like the grey skys and rain, but I would not want to have to deal with a tornado.

Hope you have a wonderful weeekend!!!! Also your puppy is tooo cute!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Spyder said...

Love those bunnies, can't think why I haven't downloaded them yet!


((Lyn))